[Steppes] re. Populace - thanks!

Jann Mays hlgabrielle at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 19 06:43:02 PST 2005

Well, we kinda had a mini bardic going out on the patio.  Mostly funny WAR
stories, a lot of them about Kale the Lucky.  I never laughed so hard!

Hey, who made the yummy scalloped potato dish?!  That was excellent!  And, OMG,
the brisket!!  There was so much food there!  I really liked the potluck and
garb idea.  It seemed to change the feel of the whole thing for me!  We
definitely should go this route for all our Populace gatherings.  The
'baronial' part (the mini-Court) went quick and then we reveled in each others
company for hours!  It really felt like the old populace we had about 10 or so
years ago!  Memories of Don Galen Nicolli, Stephen the Juggler, Margaret
Pearce, Master Tadgh, Vashti, etc., came to mind (sigh) - I miss them.

Gabrielle
--- DonnelShaw at aol.com wrote:

> WE had a great time! The food was good the conversations were great! The
> kids did well! I didn't have to cook or clean dishes. Wait let me edit that
> John
> or I didn't have to cook and the kids didn't have to clean dishes.:)  We
> ended up being one of the last to leave. With populus on a Friday it makes
> things so much better for a family with children. With school the next day it
>
> really cuts into where we can go on a school night.
>

> Thanks again for having us Hubert! I all ways enjoy the parties/populas at
> your home. You are a wonderful host.
>
> Donnel

=====
“... his body curved in a graceful arc as he sank backwards through the ragged veil hanging from the arch ... the look of mingled fear and surprise on his ... wasted, once-handsome face as he fell through the ancient doorway and disappeared behind the veil ...”  p. 886 (abridged).  "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix."  J.K. Rowling.  Bloomsbury Publishing, London.