[Steppes] re. Populace - thanks!

Steppes Seneschal steppes.seneschal at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 08:01:03 PST 2005

Wow.... This was an outstanding turnout.  I left at 12:30.   My sides
hurt from laughing and my stomach was full of very good food ( 'your
going need  a bigger belt' ).   This was so much better than I had
expected.  I had hoped for 20 people to be there, but a rough count
gave us about 45 at one time, that's not counting the kids (who
discovered the X-box up stairs) and those who could only stay a moment
or two.

What do you think about Pot-lucks being  the standard for populace?
That really helped give us a very warm and family feel.  Many people
can't make events more that a couple of times a year, and populace
(being like a mini-event with garb and things) keeps that SCA sprit
going.

BTW, the beer and mead gave us a warm feeling also, but for purely
medicinal reasons.

Thank you all for showing up, I hope to see all of you and maybe more
next month.   Let's keep the monthly populace meeting as the monthly
party!

WAAAAA-HOO!!
--
Jon Rolfsson