[Steppes] Katrina

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 15:22:24 PDT 2005

Surely, there must be something that we can do to help raise funds for the general relief. Perhaps we could even do something like volunteer for a day to take the place of a red cross volunteer needed elsewhere....

Some fellow SCAdians certainly have suffered in this. When the time that we can actually communicate with our own comes, a Current Middle Ages care package will be most welcome. With every focus being on rebuidling real life, being given the ability to take a step out of reality and play the game we all love is heaven sent.

Perhaps we could start by doing something at the upcoming Demo -- even just a jar to collect for the red cross, if our gracious hosts would be willing to accomodate that.

I know Ansteorrans are already thinking along these lines, and the TRM as well as Our Own Excellencies have plans afoot, though the current changing situation makes it difficult to get beyond the point of standing ready at this time.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone who loves someone in Katrina's path.

Esther