[Steppes] Costume Contest at 12th Night

David L. Cox coxdl at verizon.net
Sun Sep 18 09:41:33 PDT 2005

<SNIP>
fabric.com is having some huge sales this week. Just in time for us to
announce that Clan Irwynne is sponsoring prizes for the costume contest
at
Steppes 12th Night. So far the prizes will include two distinctive sets
of silver goblets.
I don't think this is an event that you'll want to miss. I'm sure there
will
be some gorgeous costumes. The Steppes website is http://www.steppes.org

I'm sure the autocrat, Lord David ben Leon will be providing more
information as the date gets closer.
<SNIP>

Catalina is most right and most observant.  Time grows short, and we
have just  a mere108 days until our 30th Annual 12 Night celebration. I
already have heard from no less than ten members of the Steppes who are
very busy in their sewing rooms creating. Recent days have spotted
caravans of wagons coming from Perth Street loaded with fine fabrics,
soft goods, and trim for these good gentles. Catalina is also modest, as
she and good husband, John,  will be helping to judge the contest, as
well as offering a prize or two - for than I give them public thanks.

Yes, are going to have several contests: Men's, Women's, Children's,
Family Unit, Period, and Most Stunning. With Henry VIII coming to
dinner, my advisors suggest one's very best court dress for this rare
evening, and of course tiaras and decorations are in order. I understand
for THM's that Ansteorra evening court may have a very special flavor.
We will also welcome back before the Sable Thrones all of the former
B&B's and V&V's of the Steppes for the past 30 years.

In Service to The Dream,
David ben Leon, 12th Night Autocrat