[Steppes] Steppes Fighter Practice -9-18-2005

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Mon Sep 19 15:42:17 PDT 2005

Heilsa,

Weather Comment this Day:
The blue of sky
White of cloud
Drifting one upon the other
Multiple color birds
Circling North, East and West
All waiting a nod of Love

Dragons intent upon journey
Seeking position
Upon ribbons of frozen stone
Leather and metal shinning upon field
Forced slow those to witness prowess
Upon the field

Quest for FreeStone
Faced one of many - Bears
Returning ambient to that of day
While sour rule the stone

The wind was brisk
Humidity low
Temperature high - 97 or 98.
Shade of tree and man positioned well

On the whole - a wonderful day to be in armor and fighting
among one's friends. There was no rush nor need to fight hard.
Just a nice laid back type of afternoon approach by one and all.
A free running discussion on wide range of topics was held.

A birthday has come and gone,
with one who has reach age of teenager
13 years in whole - Happy Birthday Nikko.

Centurion Morgan Buchanan (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan) -
       and his lady, Lady Ciannait Chaimbuel
will be celebrating another year of wedded bliss this week.

On Saturday, 17th 2005 -
Our Baron, Sir Qadi 'Abd al-Mahdi Jamal ibn Hakim is the
 newest  Guardian of the Shire of Mooneshadowe.
He competed in a Swiss 7  tourney with 40 entrants,
and after seven rounds of fighting, he was the only
combatant with no losses.

Joint War Practice will be held:
November 6th at Mary Heads Carter park in Carrollton.
2 PM until 6 PM or when everyone gets tried.

There will also be a "Buckler" tournament held this day -
best to my knowledge it will be held at the beginning of the practice.
Call it 2:30 PM.
This tournament is being sponsored by His Excellency,
Sir Baron Qadi 'Abd al-Mahdi Jamal ibn Hakim - Baron of Steppes.

By my count there should 6 bucklers available to fight with.

The 1st Sunday in October 2nd is Crown Tourney, thus it is felt that
there would be a low turn-out for such and this date has been move
back to November. There will be some people who will be at MHC
on October 2nd, so if anyone who is not going to Crown or wants to come
back from Crown, then come out to MHC - we will have a gathering
and with perhaps just enough personal armor to get one or two people
for fun.

The usual reminder:
Please bring at least 1 gallon or more of water and gatorade. I
recommend 2 gallons of fluids
and snacks to replenish your energy levels. Plus, various types of snacks -
- cold pickles
- oranges
- energy bars
- etc...
- Bring Chairs for you to sit upon.
There are two water fountains in the park, plus
there are several stores close by that carry these items and more.

Everyone paced themselves, resting when their bodies spoke above
the desire to swing that sword, block with that shield. One and all had
supplied themselves with water and gatorade, then it was back out to
fight some more.

People in armor: 4
Children: 3
Total in attendance: 10

Weapons used this day:
Sword
Great Sword

Shields used this day:
Heater
Kite

Fighter Practice involves just that - practice and training.
To reach our goals, then both words come into focus.

Training involves separate levels -
Basic level to "good"
Man-At-Arms and/or Squire entry level
Centurion level
Tournament level

Practice is to reach the above levels, maintain those same levels,
then going beyond those levels to stretch one's boundaries.

At the end of practice, all who was present joined together at one
of the local buffets in the area for Sunday dinner.

In attendance this day:

Clan Ross:
Centurion Morgan Buchanan (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan) -
         Central Region Knight Marshal
     and his lady, Lady Ciannait Chaimbuel
Lord Hrafn Olafsson (Squire to Sir Earl Duncan) -
         Steppes Knight Marshal
     and his lady,
        Lady Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa (Apprentice to Duchess Larissa)

Condottieri:
Lord CinaedOHosey and children
   daugther - Tori
   and sons - Jon and Nikko
Lord Michael Kettering

Till

Fights witness this day:
Lord Hrafn with kite and sword vs
       Lord CinaedOHosey with heater and sword
Till with heater and sword vs
       Lord Hrafn with kite and sword
Centurion Morgan with heater and sword vs
       Lord CinaedOHosey with heater and sword

YIS,
Lord Michael Kettering
Combat Archer for the Condottieri