[Steppes] Fall Court

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu Jun 8 09:34:23 PDT 2006

Let us not get ahead of ourselves.  I was there when she spoke to his majesty and I believe his intent was that she should put together a plan and submit a bid for the event.

The person that needs to be talked to is the Seneschal.  Jon was not there so I am pretty sure that he was not spoken to and I know that Margarite was not approached as the new seneschal.

Lets all step back. and take a deep breath.  Yes the proper procedure is to open the event for bids, review them and then award the stewardship.

Now all that being said, I see no harm in talking about it and starting to get ducks in a row.  All the information she is talking about (and more) is stuff Hadassah will need to have nailed down for her bid.  I see no harm in discussing it on the list.  She has a lot of great ideas, though I am not sure how feasible they all are.  There is no harm in entertaining the ideas and her getting feedback on such feasibility or desirability.

Regardless of who (if anyone) stewards the event, a site still needs to be found.  A date needs to be determined, etc.  If you want a different date or site than Hadassah, then put that date and site in as part of your bid for the event.

Discussion on the list does not imply that the event has been awarded or that no one else who wants to step forward and put in a bid will be considered.

Alasdair