[Steppes] 12th Nite Documentary

Martin Catt mlc12th at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 5 08:04:01 PST 2006

A documentary on 12th Night is currently in the works, being produced by
myself. You know me as Lodovico Benevoglio, long-time resident of the
Steppes. The target is for a one-hour documentary suitable for general
release, currently titled "Revel." The projected completion date of the
finished documentary is probably June of 2007 (yes, it does take that long
to edit).

The plan is to show what goes on to put on such an event, along with the
actual event itself. I'm looking to attend the organizational meetings,
cooking sessions, planning meetings, etc. This is to cover the "official"
side of 12th Night.

Besides the organizational details, I would like to include the populace's
aspect as well, showing the 12th Night experience from the attendee's point
of view.I am looking for members of the populace who are planning on
attending 12th Night who would be willing to let me videotape them as they
research and make new costumes, work on their entry in the best-decorated
table competition, plus any special projects they may be working on for 12th
Night. I am looking for BOTH late and early period personas, male AND
female, who would let me document their costuming efforts. In particular, I
would be interested in documenting childrens' costuming efforts, as they
usually get left out of most documentaries like this.

Please don't think your costuming isn't "good" or "authentic" enough -- I
want footage from all levels of skill and authenticity, from those who use
fabric off the bolt from the store to those who pick the sheep and shear,
card, spin, and weave their own fabric, from people whose outfits look good
from ten feet away to those people who are authentic down to their last item
of underwear, and from those who use a sewing machine to that person in the
100% hand-stitched garb. Everyone plays at different levels, and I want to
include you all.

Logistics limit me to people in the DFW metroplex, mainly evenings and
weekends since I have a real-world job that pays for projects like this. You
can contact me at:

mlc12th at hotmail.com

if you are interested in participating. Please note that all participation
is unpaid, and a release form will have to be signed if you become a "major"
participant.

Regards;
Lodovico