[Steppes] Steppes October populous meeting:

William Black Dragon hlironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 25 09:10:49 PDT 2006

Greetings all,

I have the pleasure of hosting our Steppes' October
populous meeting this coming Friday Oct. 27th.

Our extended weather forcast shows no rain for
Friday so we're planing to use our patio & lower
level of the backyard to hold our meeting.  We do
have some seating available however please bring
folding chairs to assure you have somewhere to sit.
 There is an open pond on that level so if you
bring younger children please be prepared to keep a
watchful eye on them.

We shall have coffee and tea made, I'll also have a
grill ready for hotdogs, and would encourage folks
to bring other snacks they might wish to share.  I
regret I have but a little homebrew left to share
(Due to a delay in the new stovetop's arrival I did
not get to start the keg I'd planned),  so I invite
any of our other homebrewers to bring thier own
wares to share.

As always period costume is optional, however
should you plan to attend any Halloween parties
after the meeting or just wish to show off your
costume please feel free to wear it.  After all
tis' all Hallow's eve & the witching season!

Our house is locatated on the east side of Dallas
just south of White Rock Lake about a mile north of
the old Steppes' locker location (most of you
should remember where that is).  The street address
is 2325 Cody Drive, that's just one block south of
Ferguson Road, and a block west of St. Frances Ave.

Approaching from the northwest/west/southwest/south
drive to I-30 east and take I-30 east toward east
loop 12 (Buckner), exit on St. Frances Ave. (exit
52B) and go north (turn left).

Approaching from the northeast/east/southeast/south
drive to I-30 west and take I-30 west past loop 12
(Buckner) and exit St. Frances Ave. (exit 52B) go
north (turn right).

>From the St. Frances exit off I-30 head north.
Follow St. Frances through two stop signs to Banquo
Road and turn left.  Follow Banquo for one block to
Cody Drive and turn right.  Come down the hill to
mid-block and look for the witch silhouetted
against a yellow moon over the garage door on the
left.  That's the house (Black Dragon banner will
be flying as well but harder to see in the dark)!

Approaching from the North Dallas area take
Northwest Hwy. to loop 12 (Buckner) south to
Ferguson Road and turn west (right), follow
Ferguson to the second stoplight and turn south
(left) on St. Frances. Take St. Frances to Angier
Way and turn right, follow Angier Way to Cody Drive
and turn left, come up the hill and look for the
silhouetted witch above the garage on your right
about mid-block, again that's the house!

There is currently a breach in the fence to the
right of the garage & driveway where folks may
enter and that way will be illuminated with
torches, so please follow the torches around the
house to the meeting.  Please watch your footing,
the ground is uneven in places along the path.  We
hope you shall plan to attend!

Regards,

HL William Black Dragon  called "Ironwyrm"

PS: Should you have any questions or become lost
please feel free to call.  House 214-327-4615,
Cellular 214-354-1610.