[Steppes] Telling someone that what they are doing is not period

Catalina Elvira Osorio Lopez de Xerez ladycatalina at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 14 05:17:42 PDT 2006

I try to approach these people from a different angle and admire their
quality of workmanship, and their enjoyment of what they did. Then I suggest
something along the lines, "Have you ever seen this painting/manuscript. I
bet that would be right up your alley and I think you could actually make
something like that." I try not to criticize any individual piece. I'm sorry
the young lady left the SCA over the double-knit, but that's more common
than a lot of people think. I think the issue evryone is tiptoeing around
with that is, on one side they are told that it is ok to substitute
materials for a reason, and then the other side tells them that it is not.

Catalina
Sanguinem dumtaxat causam virtutis pendate