[Steppes] Alternate possibility for Warlord site

AlKudsi@aol.com AlKudsi at aol.com
Mon Mar 27 21:39:05 PST 2006

WHEW!  Don't scare someone like that!  I know those of you who were at the
business meeting or populace meeting knew what you were talking about, but for
those of us who were not, it was quite an adrenaline kick -- which who needs at
11:30 at night?

And yes, I know that if I had been at the meeting, I would have known, too.
However, if you stop and think about the number of official members of the
Barony (of which I am one again as of today) and those who are unpaid members of
the Barony who do not attend meetings,  and compare those numbers to the
number who do, you would realize that those who don't attend the meetings are the
majority.  I'm not saying that this is a good thing, but it IS reality.  How
about making the Subject line a little less cryptic...say, something like
Discussion of possible sites for FUTURE Warlords, or something like that.

By the way, this discussion comes up about every two to three years, and has
since I started in the SCA in 1980 and we were still at Camp Burnett.  I've
been trying to think, and since I joined, I think we have only used those two
sites for Warlord, which is quite amazing, actually.  But it is odd how
perceptions change.  Then, driving all the way to Southlake was a long trip!  Of
course, an event with more than 100 people was large then, and not a disappointing
turnout. It also has something to do with why I don't attend meetings much
(although that may change some)...26 years of meetings is a LONG time and A LOT
of meetings!  Combined with the meetings I attend for work and other
organizations I belong to, I'm meeting-out!

Thanks to everyone who emailed me back and let me know this is about the
future, not the current Warlord preparations!

Saqra