[Steppes] Update on the garage sale

Morgan Cain (Ret.) morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed May 3 04:20:08 PDT 2006

This is a multi-family sale and the HOA has others with sales, so good
things can be had.  My friends have delivered most of the things they want
to sell, so I have an idea - and it's good stuff!  At least two are using
this as a moving sale, which explains all the household items.

PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED:

The brocade is gone.  Some fabric remains, mostly plain cottons,
cotton-linen, and wools.
The felting kit, stained glass equipment and glass, and papermaking kit are
spoken for, with a waiting list.
The buckles and rivets are gone, too.

REMAINING:

A toaster-oven/microwave, works, but he moved into a place that has a
built-in.  We've used it the last two weekends for various on-location
cooking needs, so I *know* it works.  And it's practically portable too.

FAX machine
Scanner
    Both have been working - went to an all-in-one for space reasons.
Might have a color printer, waiting to see it (friends said it's coming).
LOTS of computer bits and pieces, including at least one working laptop.
Turntable and receiver.
Computer monitors
SCSI things

Furniture - two wardrobes, one dresser, and matching mirror.

Yarn and fiber - and you get $5 off a minimum $20 purchase if you bring a
chemo cap to donate.
            http://home.earthlink.net/~mlhobbies/dfwfiberfest/id20.html
This is mostly natural fiber stuff, very little (if any, usually it's a
chenille or designer yarn) acrylic.
Two fur blankets.  Think ahead to next Estrella or Gulf Wars
        - even Pennsic can get VERY chilly some years.
Possibly some wool blankets.
Definitely some sheet sets.

Children's toys, including tricycles and a stroller-car thing.  They were
contributed by a 4YO boy who announced that he has outgrown them
(and the big Elmo too).
Also two silly glittery cloaks, perfect for kids' play.
Large size woman's clothing (she's taller and wider than I am - and
please, no cracks about the average 12YO being taller than I am!)
Shoes, ditto.

Light fixtures
Ceiling fan
Lamps
Glassware sets
Crockpot (needs lid - great for fondue)
4-slot toaster
Baskets (unusual ones)
Director's chair (needs new fabric)

And I'm sure there will be more...........

Address is Fountain Creek III HOA, in Plano just off Coit at almost
Hedgcoxe.  The specific address for us is 4009-4013 Christopher Way.
Basically, take Legacy to Coit, head north past Hearst Castle, it's before
the next light (and the Sonic).  Hours are 8:00am to Noon.

                                        ---= f/k/a "Little Morgan"

"Where is human nature so weak as in the bookstore?"
                              ---= Henry Ward Beecher
"We are all just demented dreamers."
                ---= Bill Fountain, "Decomposing Theater," One Day Only 7
"Try not to become a person of success,
  rather try to become a person of value."
                              ---= Ralph Waldo Emerson