[Steppes] 5/14 Agnes Dei founder's writings presented

Elaine Crittenden letebts at earthlink.net
Fri May 12 19:11:14 PDT 2006

The Church of the Good Samaritan (Episcopal), 1522 Highland (between Little
Forest Hills and the Garland Road Arboretum east of White Rock Lake) is
going to present the writings of the founder of Agnes Dei instead of a
sermon this Sunday, May 14 at the 10:15 service. The dress is casual. Jeans
are OK.

I found this congregation recently. Watch for upcoming events. They LOVE
Medieval and Renaissance times. They plan to have an IN-GARB service using
the 1549 Protestant prayerbook from Henry VIII's reign. I will keep you
posted. I asked if the congregation could come in garb and was encouraged to
do so.

One of the members has a small following for the Highland Games. (The seeds
for the SCA have already been sown, heh, heh....) They all have period kilt
outfits.

The 1549 service has been conducted one Sunday each of the last three years
at Scarborough Faire. It is the only Renaissance festival of the 200 plus
held across America that has a real, ordained priest leading a sanctioned
Episcopal service, and that a 1549 one!

If you are interested, just show up at 10:15. No garb for the 5/14 one,
though. (If interested, a quick healing service is at !0:05.)

I believe in the cross-pollenization of the Society and the general public.
Besides, it's a good way to get new members for both. Everybody wins. This
church is not a stuffy one. It's small and cozy and very accepting of
everyone, even me!!  ;-)

Personal note:
Due to the enormous amount of emails I am getting lately from the various
lists I am on, any personal correspondence to me should have the word LETE
in the subject title or it may get inadvertently deleted, and I should hate
to find out later of my mistake. Thank you.

ISTTD,

Lete