[Steppes] Golden Key garb

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Wed May 31 05:07:44 PDT 2006

Saqra said
  "This having too MUCH is sort of a new problem to my awareness"

  Katheryn - Several people who gave me big garbage bags full of stuff.  That is how I aquired some of the late period dresses and a good portion of my children's clothes. Again, very nice stuff however too bulky to for the hospitaler to deal with and carry around.

  Saqra said
  "There are a number of merchants who sell garb who we would be taking bread from, as well. "

  Katheryn - This is a good point....

  Donnel said
  " I agree that sewing my first garb was a right of passage. Also I believe that they need to invest in the SCA and garb to want to come back and play. This way we are enableling them to be successful but not doing it for them. They still have to put time and effort into the activity. "

  Katheryn - And actually this is what I have been doing and I think it is working out ok. There have been a few folks that we have taught some beginning sewing.  I think it enriched both of their lives.  When you show them that it is not difficult to make a piece of garb, it does empower them to explore further.

  Any more thoughts ya'll?