[Steppes] The Steppes list -- can we change it to work like every other list in the world?

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Sun Apr 22 10:22:06 PDT 2007

Unlike every other list I'm on, the Steppes list is set up so that if you hit "Reply", your reply goes privately to the author of your original post, rather than to the list.  I've already received three private replies to the Twelfth Night thread that I suspect were intended to go to the list.

1. Don't forget to hit "Reply All" if you are replying to the Steppes list.

2. If you've sent a reply that was intended to be public, you might want to check your Sent box to see if it went where you intended it to go.

3. Can we change the Steppes list to work like all other e-lists do?

Originally, I was told that too many people in the Steppes were afraid that private messages would accidentally go public.  But e-list behavior has been pretty well standardized in the last few years, and I just don't believe that the Steppes is so backward compared to all other communities that we still need these training wheels.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin