[Steppes] FW: Twelfth Night -- major decision in front of us.

Susan McMahill sueorintx at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 22 10:34:31 PDT 2007

From: sueorintx at hotmail.comTo: rudin at ev1.netSubject: RE: [Steppes] Twelfth Night -- major decision in front of us.Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:34:02 -0500

We have not had 'royal' presence at several Artisans since I have come to Steppes. Still we have had awards to give. I got my AoA at Artisan in 2003. There was no Crown, and no Highnesses. I would rather see Twelfth Night and Warlord be our Calendar events, as they are fairly evenly spaced in the year. Artisan draws artisans from all over the Kingdom whether we have Royal Presence or not. Our big problem with Artisan is that it has often been scheduled against or very, very close to Pennsic. If we mind the schedulling, we should still get a very good turn out, despite the lack of Royal presence. It has also been my understanding that Steppes did not regularly host Eistedfodd until about four or five years ago at Twelfth Night. Still, there was usually Royal Presence and a whole lot of folks came because it was the best holiday party around and because it is so central within the Kingdom. Nonetheless, there are several folks that have been around for a while that have bemoaned the hugeness of the recent Twelfth Nights and have been hoping to get rid of Eistedfodd for several years. Whether or not the event is an official Calendar event, People will come, because we throw a great party. I just would rather see Artisan as our smaller event and without the Royals so that we can focus on what it is, the Arts and Sciences. This year will be an exception because of the interviews taking place, but it's not about the Party, it's about the creativity and the craftsmen and women. I like the idea of having classes if we have the room and available instructors. That is a great plan, but keep it manageable. Lyneya