[Steppes] No Equestrian at Steppes Warlord this year

Traci Baker traci at crimsonvision.net
Mon Apr 23 07:55:23 PDT 2007

Greetings everyone,

It is my sad duty to let everyone know that there will be no Equestrian
activities at Steppes Warlord this year.  Due to the rising cost in gas
prices and the sheer amount of work involved in hauling horses the
Equestrian community have been discussing the fact that there should be
fewer events with equestrian at it; quality rather than quantity.
Unfortunately since we are alot further north than where most Equestrians
are based combined with the fact that Warlord is usually extremely hot to
try and run the games in... it was not on the 'preferred list' for the
community.

I apologize to everyone that was looking forward to the event; I will be
working with the KEO, the upcoming Baroness and the community to see if we
could possibly have our championship earlier in the year at another event
when the weather is cooler.  Time will tell what can be arranged.

Please do try and support equestrian activities at whatever event they are
held at.

Yours in Service;
Elizabeta di Valore della Rosa
Steppes Equestrian Marshal