[Steppes] Newsletter: Steppes Event Discussion Summary (very long)

shark shark75080 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 24 17:20:25 PDT 2007

Greetings!

 Lady Katheryn, our soon to be Baroness, asked me to create a summary of the options, pros, and cons of the the recent list discussion to put in the May Steppes Letter. The purpose: to summarize the great ideas we have had here on the list for the folks in Steppes who don't have access for one reason or another.

 The pro and con lists get shorter as the list goes on since many of the pros and cons have already been raised for previously mentioned options. Also, as happens with things like this, one man's pro is another man's con.

SO read this and let me know, either on the list here or in a personal email, whether or not I have missed an option, or have left off a pro or con. Lady Katheryn wanted this to be a non-biased presentation of the discussion. Try to keep your responses as short as possible to clarify or correct or add something I missed. I will send the final to Lady K to review before adding to the newsletter.

The Newsletter due date is Midnight on 4/25 (Wednesday). Any response posted or received after that date/time will not be included.

In service,
Susanne, Steppes Chronicler

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 (In no particular order...)

Artisan Kingdom / 12 Night non-Kingdom
 Pros:
1 - Artisan might be attended by Crown which allows our Artists' work to get more visibility.
2 - 12 Night would have a shorter, much less elaborate Court.
3 - Might retain the atmosphere of Artisan, see Number 3 below.
 Cons:
1 - Having to wait from August to the next May to have an opportunity to give out armigerous awards and do elevations.
2 - More elevations might happen at Warlord, which could be a problem.
3 - It might change the atmosphere of Artisan, since it might be necessary to have a larger court there for AoAs and elevations, etc., if the Baroness or Crown didn't want to wait for the next Warlord.

Artisan non-Kingdom / 12 Night Kingdom
  Pros:
 1- Probably wouldn't change the nature and tone of Artisan very much.
2 -Would retain the atmosphere of 12 Night as it has been for many years.
3 -Would separate the Armigerous Courts by approx 6 months.
  Cons:
 1 - Artisan might not have the attendance of the Crown.
 2 - 12th Night might continue to have a long court.
 3 - Crown/Barony would have to wait from Warlord to 12 Night to give out an armigerous award.

Artisan Kingdom / 12 Night Regional
 Pros:
1 - Artisan would be unchanged.
2  - We would be able to do armigerous awards at 12 Night separating it from Warlord by approximately 6 months.
3 -  Might create an opportunity to form bonds with other groups within our region.
 Cons:
1 - Might be a while before Elfsea could finalize anything with Steppes due to Elfsea Baronial changes.
2 - Could change the nature of 12 Night in ways we might not foresee (could be a positive also).
3 - Might have a greatly increased Court.

Artisan Kingdom / 12 Night + another Kingdom competition
Pro:
Would be what we have had for the past few years so status quo.
 Con
Would not be permanent, so we might be in the same boat we are in now later on.

Combining Artisan with Fall Court - non Kingdom / 12th Night Kingdom
 Pro
Might be fun to do Artisan during the day and have a revel at night with no pressure to do a Kingdom-level court.
 Con
Might drastically change the nature of Artisan and Fall Court.

Combining Artisan with Fall Court - Kingdom / 12th Night non-Kingdom
 Pros
1- Might be fun to do Artisan during the day and have a revel at night.
2- Would be later in the year so the Kingdom court would be separated from Warlord by a few more months.
3- 12 Night would have a shorter, much less elaborate Court.
4 - Would be less events for the Barony to support.
 Cons
1- Might change the nature of Artisan/Fall Court and 12th Night.
2- Would be less events for the Barony to support.

Combining Artisan with 12th Night or Warlord
Pro
Would keep 12th Night as kingdom level event.
 Con
Would make it difficult for artists, judges, Baroness to be well-focused on either event.

 Making Artisan Regional and 12th Night Kingdom
Pros
1 - Would Broaden the scope of Artisan.
2- Would give the Barony 3 opportunities to give out armigerous awards.
 Con
Might change the nature of Artisan very much.

whew!