[Steppes] Akon vs. Scottish festival

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Fri Apr 13 16:58:02 PDT 2007

Sir Morgan wrote:

> Devil's Advocate here...  How many new members have we recruited
> and retained at the Scottish festival?  I'm not suggesting it is a worse
> or better venue, but I don't see an influx of members from it, so why> not
> try something new?

Agreed.  Since we have done very little successful recruitment in the last
few years, any demo we've been doing for years is suspect.

> I happen to think AKon isn't the greatest venue either, but at least we're
> trying something different.  My biggest issue with AKon isn't actually the
> target market of Anime fans, but the fact that it's really an uber-big
> event
> that doesn't give us much chance to actually build any rapport with
> people we know to be local.

While we're playing Devil's Advocate, how could the size of the event reduce
the chance to build rapport, when that's always done in groups of two or
three anyway?

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin