[Steppes] Akon vs. Scottish festival

Julie Cunningham juliecunningham65 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 16 10:24:34 PDT 2007

Greetings all!

  I have much to say about demos, but for now want to address my thoughts on these two demos happening on the same weekend, June 1st - 3rd.

  As far as the AKon demo, I will be there to support the Steppes if I am needed. My understanding is that we are there for one day - that Saturday - is that corrrect? Another question is that have we verified how many folks can get in free?  If there is a limited number, then we need to know that.  I do not want to go when there might be another member who wants to go and work and also have fun after their shift.

  As to the Scottish Festival, now there is where I can work and have fun as well!  I am of Scottish decent and have enjoyed attending this festival in the past.  My plan would be if I could not help out on Saturday because of Akon, I will be there on Sunday to help Elfsea.

  It should be the decision of each barony to decide which venue works best for them.  As far as Steppes demos, I am in favor of trying new demos and seriously looking at ones that consistantly do not bring in new members. (Side note - yes I know some educational demos will probably not net folks.  I am not refering specifically to them).

  So a good question would be, who out there in Steppes-list-land came to us directly from a demo?  That would be good information to have.  Actually, it is a good question to ask on the Ansteorran list as well.

  Lady Katheryn
  Central Regional Hospitaler