[Steppes] Twelfth Night -- major decision in front of us.

AlKudsi at aol.com AlKudsi at aol.com
Sun Apr 22 10:10:57 PDT 2007

I have a question.  Since when do we have to have a kingdom-level event to
award a local titled position?  I thought that a Baronial Court would be
sufficient for Artisan, and Baronial courts can be at any local event.  It IS true,
according to Corpora and Kingdom law, that awards that grant precedence (i.e.
include an AoA or other Kingdom-level award) can only be given at a
Kingdom-calendar event, but if I am remembering correctly, Artisan was NOT a calendar
event for quite a few years and the title does not grant precedence.  There is no
reason why, therefore, other than the reflected glory of possible Crown
presence, that Artisan must be a calendared event.  Buy an advertisement in the
Black Star, and post the announcement to the Ansteorran list, and we will get
artisans!  It will not lose any luster, actually, since it is one of the premier
A&S events in any case.

Now, this does NOT mean we should not consider Master Robin's idea of making
12th Night a Regional event (well, in my definition, it is already a
Kingdom-level event because of the usual amount of kingdom business conducted there
regularly), or our new Baroness' ideas, but we need to consider the ideas in
their proper context.

Personally, I would like to see more regional events -- one of the reasons I
have been touting the Rosenfeld demo -- because I think we would see more
people become active at the events if the events were not a six-hour drive away.
This is a BIG kingdom, and with gas continuing to rise in price, regional
events may be the only sane way to continue to have events outside of local
events.  But to feel that Artisan MUST be either combined with another event (a bad
idea, in my view), or to drop one of the two largest events in the kingdom as
a Steppes event is, as her soon-to-be-Excellency intimated, thinking only
within the box -- when the box isn't necessary at all.

HL Saqra al-Kudsi
Steppes Artisan