[Steppes] Twelfth Night -- major decision in front of us.

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Sun Apr 22 13:47:54 PDT 2007

This was good timing on Master Robin's part to bring this up now. We
have enough time to make the switch for next year, and we still have
Artisan on the calendar for this year.

I don't see an issue with Artisan (re)becoming an non-calendar event. As
it was stated, the Artisan title given can be given without a royal
court. Local titles (i.e. Artisan) and non-armigerous awards could still
be given (acorns, grices, etc.) Also, Artisan always falls right around,
if not during Pennsic, which the crown would be at anyway. We have a
major event 2 months before Artisan that any awards could be given out
at... so saying we need it on the calendar to give awards is a weak
argument.

I agree that combining it with 12th Night would be asking for trouble,
due to the space that Artisan would take, and the toll on the judges.

Combining 12th Night with Coronation might be feasible... even
forgetting about the whole calendar issue, both events are a lot of
carousing and court foo.

In a nutshell,

Duncan