[Steppes] Twelfth Night -- major decision in front of us.

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Mon Apr 23 09:04:17 PDT 2007

Steppes Champion list is Sunday. I'd not call that a small thing... then
again I'm biased, along with most other rapier fighters. It is one of
the most competitive lists for rapier in the kingdom, often numbering
higher than Queen's Champion.

I believe there's another court on Sunday also... it might just be a
Steppes court though, since they give Steppes Champion title at that
court.. not sure what else.

Sorry you were packing up by noon. You missed a good list.

Faelan Caimbeul wrote:
  Yes, there's a
> couple small things Sunday, but really, does that make it matter more, not
> really. We were packing by noon, we set up all day Friday. That left
> Saturday for the event itself. The dead horse of that discussion has been
> beaten to a well compacted sheet of furry velum, but I'll sum it up so that
> the rest of this makes sense.
>
> Friday Warlord is set-up. No scheduled events.
> Saturday is heavy, archery, EQ, thrown, court, peerages, step-up/down (this
> time), award court (usually two and several hours long) and bardic.
> Sunday is rapier, and clean up.

Alasdair added:
 > Sunday:
 >   Morning Court
 >   Rapier Lists
 >   Steppes Archer
 >   Thrown Weapons
 >   Evening Court

Thanks Alasdair for putting that out there. Two more courts, three
titles. Thank goodness we aren't packing those in on Saturday also.

Duncan
rapierist on occasion