[Steppes] "off-calendar" event

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 09:26:22 PDT 2007

To clarify, in my post, I misspoke. For "off-calandar", please know I meant "non-kingdom".

  My apologies. We can have a Baronial event, that is a non-kingdom event, that IS a calandar event, correct?

Esther

Jay Rudin <rudin at ev1.net> wrote:
  I get the feeling that some people are using the phrase "off-calendar event" in a sense isn't equivalent to its actual meaning, and that;'s part of why we aren't communicating.

Before we get too far, let's remember what an "off-calendar event" is. Technically, it's not an event. It's the legal equivalent of a fighter practice or a guild meeting.

I would no more have Artisan at an off-calendar event than I would have Warlord at a fighter practice, and for the same reasons.

I also don't want to see Twelfth Night as an off-calendar event, for similar reasons. (It's not the same reasons, because we don't choose any Steppes ceremonial Champions there.)

Let's remember, in this discussion, that an off-calendar event is not an event, just as an empty beer isn't a beer and a retired seneschal isn't a seneschal.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin