[Steppes] Steppes Events some thoughts from an outsider

Crandall crandalltwo-scalists at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 24 09:43:55 PDT 2007

Another "outsider" here.
I cannot agree more with Master Richard.

Steppes Warlord is one of the more unique events
in the SCA. I understand that it was named as the
only Warlord that was not Kingdom level in the
Known World by its then King of Atenvelt.

Steppes Artisan, again, has unique traditions and
concepts. And is inspiring to those of us who
merely come to admire. I have spent hours looking
and talking to the artisans, and often wish I had
more time.

Twelfth Night carries with it the advantage to
the Crown that they can take care of a good deal
of last minute business, and still enjoy a good
sense of fellowship. It does have many traditions
that need to be continued. As has been stated,
the feast has often been provided by those who do
not live in the Steppes, and thus the tradition
of burning out the fine cooks that live in the
Steppes has been avoided.

Master Richard says it better than I, that the
Twelfth Night should and can be a regional event,
even if the Steppes Artisan or Steppes Fall Court
may or may not be named as Kingdom events.

Crandall, Baron