[Steppes] Alternate recruitment methods - MySpace, Google Maps

Elinor Salter elinorsalter at tx.rr.com
Tue Apr 24 21:05:55 PDT 2007

Thank you for your input.

Well is there a reason we can't test a tribe.net presence as well,
perhaps with your assistance or advice?  I signed up for tribe.net a
long time ago but never used it so I'm not familiar.  Perhaps we can see
what can be put up on Facebook as well, as I've heard it has a larger
college presence than other networking sites.  If no one here has
access, I'll be getting a Richland College email in a couple of weeks
that I can use.

I must admit that I haven't seen any MySpace banner ads, period, since
I've used Firefox in conjunction with Adblock for a couple of happy
years now and I never see banner ads or popups anymore, except at work
<grumble> (forced to use IE) </grumble>.

As for objectionable material, one could make an argument that we run
into the same sort of thing at some cons or renn faires (although I do
think chain mail bikinis are truly lacking in the banner ad world).  Not
to mention Pennsic (haven't been yet, but I have seen rather interesting
pictures over the years...)  =)  I think it would be hard anymore to
have a pure site anywhere that the general public will be visiting of
their own accord.

--
Ly. Elinor Salter
Exchequer, Barony of the Steppes, Ansteorra