[Steppes] Alternate recruitment methods - MySpace, Google Maps

Chiara Francesca chiara.francesca at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 21:45:35 PDT 2007

The Kingdom server is currently working on a google API for mapping as well.
So far the tests look very promising. I definite encourage you to keep on
going in this direction.

I work for a school district. Almost every sca page is blocked. My internet
provider is TimeWarner, they block quite a few things as well, web and
email. They both do not work very happily with MySpace specifically. This is
of course only the tip of the iceberg.

While yes, it is definitely the main tool of use for networking in the
current younger set it will only target that age range and those that want
to be in that age range. ;)

If you create it, you will be alone in maintaining it and keeping it fresh
and alive to help recruite, the same with other tools.

What most individuals want and look for is consistancy. They want to know
that they are getting all their information from a reliable source that is
consistant not only with information but believe it or not ... look and
feel. We are a very visually stimulated group. (How many of us were
'advancing' with the shield wall in 300? :D) Very visually stimulated.

So long as you continue to point to the content that is up to date and
accurate from your boards I think this will be a fantastic set of tools to
use.

Just remember though, that you are not replacing what is in place. Do not
make the current vscribe feel as if he is not needed by us. He is upgrading
the site to help empower users. If you take a look at the calendar you will
see that our chronicler has been empowered to update it at will with more
than just a date highlight. She can now enter a great deal of information
with the scheduled item.

The site is created on his own server, it is using SharePoint. It is a very
powerful tool. Ask him what it can do for you. :)

Chiara