[Steppes] bowyers and fletchers guild meeting this Sunday

jack spinks jlspinks at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 15 19:58:41 PDT 2007

  Ok folks I am going to run it up the flagpole and see what interest there is.
  I am proposing to have a guild meeting this weekend at my place in Red Oak (on I35 south of DeSoto/Lancaster) following archery practice or about 2 pm.

  If you have work you wish judged for your guild rating then please bring it along.

  Subject is the making of bowstrings since we have not had a class on that in a while and we badly need replacement strings on loaner gear.  If you want to make a jig to make flemish twist strings on then bring a 3 foot 1x4 board and a handful of approx #6 or 8 finishing nails.

  HL Ironwyrm is not yet certain he will be there but if he is he will have equipment to make a continuous loop crossbow string and will demonstrate the tying of a crossbow bridle.

  If you have other questions or whatever we can discuss or answer them as well.  We will be working in airconditioning although for messy work I have a shaded patio and the trees around my place mean I rarely see the afternoon sun.

  Please let me know your interest in having this meeting by return email, otherwise I will probably cancel the meeting if there is insufficient interest.

  HL Jaque the Spink
  Guild Principal