[Steppes] Steppes Archery Practice 8/19/07

JW Bishop ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Thu Aug 16 05:34:57 PDT 2007

Greetings all,

  Long range forecast predict 30% chance of rains from
  the tropical storm to the south but we still plan to hold
  our regularly scheduled archery practice this Sunday
  8/19/07 on Eastfield's college's archery range at 3737
  Motley Drive in Mesquite, Texas (that's just to the
  south side of the tennis courts).

  Archery practice starts around 10 AM and runs until
  about 1 PM.  There are some shade trees available
  which to sit under and we bring a cooler full of ice
   water to share,  just bring your own cup, mug, or
  bottle to refill.  Also bring a camp chair to rest
  yourself in under the trees.  Pray be advised,
  there are restrooms inside the campus buildings
  however they are a bit of a walk from the archery
  range.

  Like populace, period dress is optional not required,
  but does draw attention to our activities and sometimes
  helps attract new members, however in the heat of our
  Ansteorran summer the more important thing is to
  dress comfortably.  We do request if you have personal
  banners and pennants that you bring them to hang on
  the fence behind us or fly in that infamous Eastfield
  breeze to add some color and help our archery activities
  get noticed.

  We do have limited loner gear available at this time
  which we add to each week so if you would like to
  come and learn to shoot a bow please don't hesitate.
  Or if just sitting in the shade and visiting with friends
  is more to your liking you might be surprised at what
  comes across the bow within the little circle under
  the shade trees at the range.

  Should the weather appear questionable (and it does)
  watch for our confirmation post to the Steppes list
  around 8 AM Sunday mornings.  If it's likely to rain or
  the field is too wet & muddy we'll post any necessary
  last minute cancellations at that time.

  So pray come out and join us on the field this
  Sunday to loft a few feathered shafts down range
  with us, we hope we shall see you there!

  In service,

  HL William Black Dragon  called "Ironwyrm"

  Interim Archery Marshal for the Barony of the Steppes