[Steppes] A&S Activities

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Fri Aug 10 09:17:41 PDT 2007

Shawn Willey wrote:
> It has been requested of me to check the Guilds and A&S information on the
> Steppes website, to verify accuracy and activity. If you have any
> information regarding the activities on the website , or changes to the
> guilds currently on the website, please contact me with this information
> asap, so the changes may be made. Also if you are starting a new guild, or
> reviving an old one, please get that information to me as well. It has also
> been requested of me by the Central Regional MoAS that all the guilds send
> me a monthly report...it doesn't have to be long or formal, just a rundown
> of the activities that I can send her with my report each month.

Does putting a report into the newsletter count as your reporting
requirement? Or do we need to send you something separate?

> Now onto bigger and better things...
>
> We would like to  hold either  monthly or bi-monthly A&S days or evenings.
> Is there something special you would either like to teach, or would like to
> see taught?
> Please email me with your input, as this will be valuable in our scheduling.
>
> Lady Rixende has already graciously volunteered to teach a day class on
> lampwork bead making...date TBA.

I'd say gather a list of potential and willing teachers first, so you
know what schedule you can maintain before deciding on a frequency.
Other than that, I am for the idea. How can more teaching and learning
and social interaction be bad?

> Don't forget to check the Steppes Calender for upcomoming Guild meetings,
> such as Brewer's, Potter's, Clothier's , Gaming , and Scribal and
> Illumination.

I had originally specifically not approached gaming night as a guild...
but instead just an opening of my home with an enticement of period
games. But now after these past 6 months of seeing steady interest and
attendance, I think it is in the better interest of the Barony to become
a chartered guild. I will work on such a charter, as well as a guild
website. I'll have these done before our next gamester's gathering, for
you and HE Katheryn's approval.

> I look forward to serving our Barony and Her Cantons to the best of my
> ability and greatly appreciate your input.
>
> Yours in Service to Steppes and Ansteorra,
> Lord Torquil Seamus of the Dragon's Laire
> MoAS, Barony of the Steppes

Thank you Lord Torquil for taking on the job. I look forward to working
with you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist.

Don Duncan "the dice man" Hepburn

> As typed by his scribe, Rebbe Hadassah Sarai bas Yossi on this 10th day of
> August AS XXXX

Man, gotta get me one of those scribes. =)