[Steppes] A&S Activities

William Black Dragon hlironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Fri Aug 10 16:41:36 PDT 2007

Lyneya, You are correct about the SLAB (Steppes
Loose Association of Brewers), it's not really a
guild but more of a club so no paperwork required.
That's the real beauty of it and just the way we
like it!

I'm currently the moderator for the Steppes Loose
Association of Brewer's yahoogroup but I can't tell
you much about the early history of it.  I've only
been a member for about seven years and they had an
active going membership when I joined. I was
already a homebrewer before I joined the SCA but
they have me taught a thing or two I didn't already
know over the years.  I'd contact Jon Rothsson if
you wished to explore it's history, he's one of the
older members and I think he might even be one of,
or possibly even the founding member of the SLAB.
Jon's likely the closest thing we even have to a
leader as well.

On another note, I'm doing my best to try
encourage more activity out of our Steppes Bowyers
& Fletchers Guild.  The Steppes Guild as far as I
know is the last surviving branch of the now
defunted Anstorran Archery Craftsman's Guild and
it's just next door to dormant itself.  Jacque the
Spinks has been the guild's leader for many years
now.  I believe the guild's major problem has been
that we have no where to get folks together to work
on projects right now, nor do we have any great
number of folks wanting to learn archery craft
skills.  So those of us whom still teach have been
doing so on a one or two on one basis for a while.
According to our charter it only requires there be
three active members present to hold an "official"
meeting.  So I'm game anytime two more of ya want
to get together for a meeting!  Steppes could
really use some help with the loaner archery gear
right now too!  BTW, I'm also moderator of the
Steppes Bowyers & Fletcher's Guild yahoogroup as
well.

Well there's a little bit of info on the only
Steppes' guild & pseudo-guild that I belong to, I
hope it's been helpful!  The active members can be
contacted at:

SLAB
-steppeslooseassociationofbrewers at yahoogroups.com

Head honcho or whatever - Jon Rothsson