[Steppes] Fencing Practice Canceled due to not actually beinginsane....Clarification

Jessica Smith jasiwolf at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 14:54:26 PDT 2007

Actually, I have to argue a little.
I realize that Heavy Fighters wear heavy equipment - but you can strip down
quite a bit to accommadate for hotter weather. I'm not saying you don't get
just as hot, but we have to cover everything while we fight. We don't catch
breezes through spots on legs and back.
I'm not saying I want a standard adopted - I would hate for a tourney to be
cancelled cause its too hot and practice is definately possible for fencers
at higher then 80 or 90 degrees. The last practice was cancelled because of
the weather and most of our regulars calling and telling us they weren't
coming out becuase of it. Its the first time this year its been this hot and
allowing a week to get used to the sudden rise in tempuratures is not what I
would consider inapropriate.
As far as listening to your bodies and not whimping out versus considering
what your body can handle, I agree 100% and yes, we are in the great state
of Texas and its going to get hot - but it is a shock to the body to go from
the beautiful weather we were having to the suana we are in now. :) Which
will be all the better when the weather goes wonky again in a week or two.
Just my unorganized two cents.....
Adelina of the Steppes