[Steppes] Pros and Cons for Canton site

Catalina Elvira Osorio y Lopez de Xerez ladycatalina at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:26:33 PST 2007

Pros:
1. It's big enough to accomodate all of our outdoor Championships.
2. There are plenty of hotel rooms available nearby.
3. Most, if not all, of the camping sites have water and electricity.
4. There is an air-conditioned building for holding Court
5. There is easy access off I-20, a state highway and a newly paved FM.
6. There are places to eat nearby for those not cooking in a campsite.
7. We have a standing relationship with the City of Canton.
8. The alchohol policy is mostly winked at onsite.
9. For those who wish to camp, they are alloed to dig a firepit and build a
fire except under extreme conditions.
10. There is some shaded camping that is not in the flood zone.

Cons:
1. The site floods in heavy rains.
  ~ok, let's face it. Almost all campgrounds in this state are built in
flood zones. It rains Memorial Day weekend. Some or all of the parks/camp
grounds will experience flooding.
2. The hall is pretty mundane.
  ~ok. I don't think renting out the local cathedral for Court is going to
fly.
3. It's too easy for the First Monday types to come in and wander around.

--I don't think the cons are outweighing the pros here.--

Catalina
Sanguinem dumtaxat causam virtutis pendate