[Steppes] Question about Court at Warlord

hq at plumes.org hq at plumes.org
Thu Feb 15 14:33:55 PST 2007

A couple of thoughts about air conditioning etc.

Wow from reading all the previous posts, it seems like some people think
having an air conditioned hall is a make or break situation for using a site.
I know it's hot here in Texas, but that's nuts. Plus except for the air
conditioning, the hall at the Canton site has absolutely nothing going for
it.

Also, and most importantly, if a site has more shade than Canton, less
asphalt, and the site is near a body of water, we might not need the air
conditioning.

If I want to sit around in the cold in the Texas summer, I stay home or go to
the movies or the mall or something, and I don't go to events until evening
(if at all).

Maybe we should try to schedule more stuff in the evenings during very hot
events. Also, I agree we are doing too much at the one event, and we should,
at the very least, stop scheduling so nearly everything is going on on
Saturday; it's stupid to have a three day weekend event and cram everything
into about a day and a half.

The worst argument in favor of anything is always: "we should do it this way
because we've been doing it this way".

Helene Q

On Thu Feb 15 22:58 , 'Catalina Elvira Osorio y Lopez de Xerez'
<ladycatalina at hotmail.com> sent: