[Steppes] Steppes Fighter Practice 01-21-2007

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Tue Jan 23 07:57:43 PST 2007

Heilsa,

Sunday - clear with sky of blue
Forecast High of 56 F
Breezy wind from North North West
Swinging more from the North late

A visitor from Caid arrived for 12 Hours of War
Instead came out for some one-on-one fighting
It was an excellent day to be out and about

In addition, 4 rapier folks came out to practice
for Queen's Champion this weekend.

Upcoming events:
Regional Melee/War/Fighter Practice
February 3rd, 2007
Location: Rosenfeld
Start Time: 10 AM
One-on-one practice and instruction
Melee/War practice
At this Regional practice there will be Combat Archery
Directions will be forth coming

Note on this practice, the Central Regional Knight Marshal,
Sir Tomas intends to continue with these types of practices
about once a quarter. The intent is to have year-round training
and will rotate the location so that each group will have an
opportunity to host as well as travel.
The following activities are planned:
One-on-one
Melee/War practice
If possible Combat Archery will be included, based upon
the site location.

March 4th, 2007
Last chance for Melee/War Practice prior to Gulf Wars
Location - Steppes Fighter Practice
Time: 2 PM
Combat Archery will be included in the scenarios

Gulf Wars XVI - March 11 through March 18, 2007
Steppes Warlord - Memorial Day Weekend
Gothic Wars - Labor Day Weekend

Please note dates when No Practice will take place:
March 11th, 2007
March 18th, 2007
Memorial Day Weekend - Steppes Warlord
Labor Day Weekend - Gothic Wars

Please start drinking extra water several days prior to the day
of practice.
This is also true of going to an event, be it SCA related or not.
You will have a better time and enjoy yourself more
if you are hydrate before you start your activity.

Energy drinks may give you a lift, but will not carry you as far,
when compared to water and gatorade.

Remember - Pace yourself!

Everyone needs to bring water to the park. I would recommend
the following:

Please bring at least 1 gallon or more of water and gatorade
to replenish your energy levels if you are in armor and fighting.
Suggested of items you might wish to bring out:
- cold pickles
- oranges - energy bars - etc...
- Bring Chairs for you to sit upon.
- Sunscreen, a bright sun with some wind and...
- Hats
- This time of year - blankets

Training involves separate levels of heavy fighting -
Basic level to "Good"
Man-At-Arms and/or Squire entry level
Centurion level
Tournament level
Combat Archery

In attendance this day:

People in armor:  9
People practicing for Queen's: 4
Children:  3
Total in attendance: 25

Out of Kingdom visitor:
Sir Rhys Ravenscroft from Kingdom of Caid
     (KSCA - Knight in SCA)

Clan Ross:
Sir Morgan Buchanan (KSCA - Knight in SCA)
      and his lady, Lady Ciannait Chaimbuel
       and his Mother
Sir Tomas Niallagain (KSCA - Knight in SCA)
                       - Central Region Knight Marshal
      and his lady,
      HL Rixende de Rouen (Cadet to Master Robin) -
 Lord Hrafn Olafsson (Squire to Sir Duncan)

Count Gunthar - (KSCA - Knight in SCA)

Master Robin of Gilwell

HLy Katya

Condottieri:
Lord Cionaodh O'Hosey
     with children
         daughter - Tori
         and son - Jon
         and son - Nikko
HL Honour du Bois - Squire to Sir Galen of Bristol
Lord Michael Kettering - Steppes Knight Marshal
Lord Damon Xanthns

Don Duncan Hepburn

Don Alaric

Lord Kinoshita Zensiron Yoshimitsu
     Squire to Sir Asop

John of Green
    and his lady, Annwn

Iain MacKay

John of North

Weapons used this day:
Sword
Glaive
Broken Lance
Naginata (Spear)
Schlager
Del Tin

Shields used this day:
Heater
Round
Kite

To Master Robin, HL Rixende, Don Alaric and Don Duncan -
I hope that I recorded the proper weapons that each of you were
practicing with.

And to Don Alaric, a apology - I failed to record your bouts this
day, the only reason for this failure on my part was pulled away
as part of my duties as KM during the practice and did not see
your fights fights.

Individual fights witness this day:
Master Robin with dagger and del tin
     vs HL Rixende with dagger and del tin
Lord Hrafn with round and sword
     vs Lord Yoshi with naginata
Sir Tomas with heater and sword
     vs Lord Hrafn with sword and broken lance
Don Alric with dagger and del tin
     vs Master Robin with dagger and del tin
HL Rixende with dagger and del tin
     vs Master Robin with dagger and del tin