[Steppes] Insignia

Diane Rudin serena1570 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 17:01:23 PDT 2007

--- Alasdair MacEogan <alasdair at bmhanson.net> wrote:

> and the oaks
> on a woven black cord with a green stripe in the middle.
>
> Again realize these are just a rule of thumb and not set in stone.

Actually, in the case of the Oak, it is.

The constitution for the Order of the Oak of the Steppes, as signed
by TRM Lloyd & Joselyn, Ansteorra, and HE Aureliane, Steppes, on 23
March 1980/xiiii, states the following:

"VII.A. Companions of the Order shall be entitled to wear an oak leaf
Or, pendant from a ribbon sable singly striped vert."

Some people have chosen to refer to their membership in the Order by
wearing oak-leaf-bearing jewelry or other items of one sort or
another over the years (this author being one of them), but the
above-quoted is the only *official* version of the Order's insignia.

--Serena, Blanc Gryffon Herald