[Steppes] Insignia

Alasdair MacEogan alasdair at bmhanson.net
Thu Jul 5 16:11:10 PDT 2007

Carolle M. Cox <hpockets at verizon.net> wrote:
>  The Acorns had been made by HE Fritz's hand for so long, I don't know that
>  there is an actual description out there.

Actually most of the acorns I have seen over the years were turned by hand my Mikael Colquhoun.  yes Fritz made some but I do not believe he has made the quantity that Mikael has.

And yes Morgan is correct, it is open to interpretation.  The form it is given out in is really up to Her Excellency.  A general rule of thumb for the awards (but it is not limited to) has been the acorn is simply an acorn. The Oak is an oak leaf.  And the Gryce's Track is a gryce print.

Usually they are made of brass, but that is not a requirement.  Acorns have usually been seen on green ribbons or cordsand the oaks on a woven black cord with a green stripe in the middle.

Again realize these are just a rule of thumb and not set in stone.

As an aside I am alooking for the old book of lists I had maintained for a while.  It was basically a list of local awards including the gryces and acorns.  The plan if i can find it is to get it back up to date and maintain it.

Alasdair