[Steppes] Insignia

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Thu Jul 5 20:19:08 PDT 2007

Thank You Sir Morgan for remembering after all these years.

I received my Gryce's Track from the Baron of Steppes, then Baron Fritz
der Rothirsh, at 12th Night.

The award is about 1 and 7/8 inches long and 1 and 3/8 inches at its
widest point. with a green ribbon. The metal is brass and is in the
shape of  a Gryce's  (young pig) Track. I wear it along with the Sable
Talon. I have been thinking about replacing the ribbon so it is a bit
longer than the  Talon. They are rubbing against each other when I wear
them.  King's Archer is on my belt.

I do wear them, including the King's Archer, as often as I can for all
to see, more as a huge "Thank You" to the individuals who deem me worthy
of receiving them.

The order of awards from the OP:

AoA - Earl Duncan Arthur Ross the Black and Duchess Larissa Alwynn
Clarewoode (Labor Day at Gothic Wars 2001)

Gryce's Track - Master Fritz der Rothirsh and Baroness Catrin Brynmorgan
(Steppes 12th Night 2002, I believe this correct year)

King's Archer - Duke Aaron MacGregor and Duchess Britta MacGregor (KSCAs
- Knights in SCA) (Steppes WarLord 2002)

Sable Talon -  Mushir (Duke) 'Abd al-Mahdi Jamal ibn Hakim, (KSCA -
Knight in SCA) and Duquesa (Duchess) Valeria Richila Navarro
(Steppes Warlord 2006)

Current titles of the above various individuals and the events and year.

YIS,
Ld Michael Kettering
Steppes Knight Marshal
Steppes Deputy Hospitaler