[Steppes] Insignia

AlKudsi at aol.com AlKudsi at aol.com
Thu Jul 5 22:28:42 PDT 2007

Your Excellency,

As someone who has woven more yards of Oak ribbon than I care to remember, I
can give you what I've always done...10 black, 9 green, and 10 black (when
done with gauge 3 or 5 perle cotton).

In my early years in the Barony, the ribbon was simply a piece of black
grosgrain ribbon, with a narrow piece of green ribbon zigzagged down the center.  I
still have a small strip of the one my original one came on.  His Excellency,
Baron Exiter the Wanderer did an large number of brass Oak leaves that were
given out long after he and Baroness Anne stepped down.  Lord Mikael started
making them when we started running out, and then HE Master Fritz.  There have
been a number of others who have contributed, including HL Caireen who carved
some lovely Oak leaves from amber.

Acorns are normally strung on black cord (lucet works very well), although,
since I never got one, I can only go by what I've seen.

HL Saqra