[Steppes] Insignia

DonnelShaw at aol.com DonnelShaw at aol.com
Fri Jul 6 15:39:04 PDT 2007

In a message dated 7/6/2007 12:28:59 PM Central Daylight Time,
mikaelc at airmail.net writes:

The  first Acorns I saw given out by HE Ann Louise were wooden  ones shI was
commissioned in 1990 or 1991 by Baron Robin and Baroness
Adelicia to create  regalia for a baronial-level award described as the
"golden acorn", for  service to the Barony above and beyond the call of
normal duty, yet not  quite what would warrant elevation to the Order of
the Oak. The award was  created by them at that time with a specific
person in mind - Lady  Gabriella, who at the time was Baronial
Hospitalier; while performing the  duties of that office, she set
standards of performance which all others  have been measured against,
even to this day. She was, in fact, the first  recipient of the Golden
Acorn award.

I do not know if  any awards matching this description were
handed out by the Barony prior to  this date, but it was my understanding
at the time that it was done that  this was an entirely new award.

Mikael Colquhoun
(who has  been known to be wrong, just not too often)

purchased at a local craft store strung on a ribbon. My point  being
they were not
always metal. So that should give a little  leeway.

Donnel

It may not have been an award at the time.(82 -83) Now please  remember I was

I remember talking to her and her mentioning she handed them out at events
in our talks since then. Now here I am >>>>>>>years later  not knowing the
original date of  this order. So if I have stepped on any  toes I am sorry. I was
only trying to help with the discussion.

Donnel

Faith is believing what the eyes cannot see. ~~~~Michael of  Langley