[Steppes] Insignia

mikaelc mikaelc at airmail.net
Fri Jul 6 10:28:03 PDT 2007

	I was commissioned in 1990 or 1991 by Baron Robin and Baroness
Adelicia to create regalia for a baronial-level award described as the
"golden acorn", for service to the Barony above and beyond the call of
normal duty, yet not quite what would warrant elevation to the Order of
the Oak. The award was created by them at that time with a specific
person in mind - Lady Gabriella, who at the time was Baronial
Hospitalier; while performing the duties of that office, she set
standards of performance which all others have been measured against,
even to this day. She was, in fact, the first recipient of the Golden
Acorn award.

	I do not know if any awards matching this description were
handed out by the Barony prior to this date, but it was my understanding
at the time that it was done that this was an entirely new award.

Mikael Colquhoun
(who has been known to be wrong, just not too often)