[Steppes] Fwd: Feast vs. Catering

Wilkerson, Glen D glen.d.wilkerson at lmco.com
Mon Jul 30 06:04:54 PDT 2007

I helped haul and serve that feast.  We picked up two serving trays of
some kind of split pea pottage that wound up spilling all over the rear
deck of my new Mustang and ruining the carpet.  Tivar served the head
table and then carved the rest of the pigs on the serving line, I was a
little way down the line cutting up cheese.  I have one or two pictures
of this, but didn't know Tivar or really meet him until several months
later - when we got drawn against each other in the very first fight of
the first round of the first Queen's Champion Tournament.

Alaric

Actually, Trithian and I went out and bought 2 pigs, that weighed about
35/40 each.  We got a good deal on live piggies, but then we had to
figure out how to kill them (we took them to a place to have them shot),
and then we had to deal how to

get the hair off.  Trust me, shaving cream and a sharp knife were a
dismal failure!  While I was trying to shave a pig, Trithian was saving
the situation by finding a meat packing business that would fully prep
the pigs (w' apples in mouths) and keep them stored a the correct
temperature until we were ready for them.  Trithian literally saved our
bacon with the phone!  I believe Don Tivar Moondragon was recruited to
carve the pigs for serving to the Royal Table.  I was so occupied

during the feast, I didn't get any of the feast.

Lasguaard

Donnel

Faith is believing what the eyes cannot see. ~~~~Michael of  Langley