[Steppes] Gulf Wars

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:55:40 PDT 2007

Duchess Willow asked me to relate a few stories from the war. Allow me a few moments to tell you of a few engagements in which I was involved. I have to tell everyone who was unable to make it to the war that you really missed a good one! We had fairly average weather for the war. We didn't experience the bitter cold of a few years ago nor the constant rain that has plagued some wars. It was cool overnights and it did rain a few days, but hey, it's Gulf Wars!
First, let me tell you of Hrafn's Hammer! Hrafn built some very fun war hammers, and carried them into some of the melee battles. He used it to such effect, going down the line bonking the enemy on the head one after another so rapidly that the crown both wanted to know about the construction of the weapon and saw fit to induct Hrafn into the Order of the Centurions of the Sable Star!
Our forces were constantly hard pressed, dear friends. Generally outnumbered, we did what Ansteorrans do best: We fought like heroes! In the town battle for example, although we lost the majority of the buildings, our forces sent nearly 400 chivalry to their resurrection point, while our forces were counted only about 325 times. Toward the end, while hard-pressed and outnumbered, we pushed the Trimarin forces back out of one of the buildings they held.
The Central Region was awarded the War Unit banner by His Majesty. At one point during a field battle the small shock troop of the Central region was the only force standing across from the ENTIRE Kingdom of Glenn Abhann! Another time during the ravine battle, King Bardolph of the Middle took a force of his best soldiers, at least 10 strong and tried to punch through our line. Three of them got 1 rank deep before being killed, the rest returned to their resurrection point from in front of our shields.
One of my favorite personal moments was when Sir Bryce de Byram of Atlantia, during a hold, came over to me to talk about the battle. He asked me to follow him and he introduced me to his countrymen. He asked that they regard me as his brother, and that they not kill me, but rather he placed a bounty on my arms and legs, payable in his camp. In honorable combat, His Majesty Atlantia was able to collect upon this bounty, but none others.
So many great deeds were done upon the field, that my poor words cannot suffice to tell the tale. The best thing is to attend yourself next year! See these deeds for yourself! Tell these tales that I, a mere man of war am unable to regale in this medium.

I remain ever in service to Ansteorra
Sir Morgan Buchanan