[Steppes] Steppes Fighter Practice 11-18-2007

Mike meggiddo at netzero.net
Tue Nov 20 18:57:47 PST 2007

Canton of Glaslyn
---------------------------------
Glaslyn's
Artisan of the Flame
Saturday, November 24, 2007
Transport Workers Union
Golden Triangle Drive
Fort Worth TX 76177
Make your best way to I-35W. Take exit 64 at Golden Triangle Blvd.
Follow signs on the service road. The site is on the right, behind
the ** store.
**We would like to caution all who will attending this event. The
site is located behind an adult only store. A very large 3X sign
can be seen from the main road.

December:
Regional Fighter Practice
December 1st -
This practice is scheduled to begin at 11 a.m. and will run until at
least 4 p.m.
Centurion Hrafn has secured a pavilion at Bob Eden park in Euless, TX.
901 Mid-Cities Blvd West, Euless, Texas 76039.

http://www.euless.org/pacs/rental/pavilions.htm (Website of the parks)

http://tinyurl.com/ywsfdg (tiny URL to the google map of the location)

Because we have these pavilions, this will be a rain-or-shine event. I
n the event of slightly inclement weather, we'll be able to fight under the
pavilion by moving the tables. If it's really cold, we'll stoke the bbq
pits with coals for heat. This event will not be canceled for anything other
than an ice storm, dear friends.

We will have some visitors from far off lands visiting us as well.

Earl Duncan will be visiting from his new home in the Outlands, and
the Baron of Terra Pomaria of the Kingdom of An-Tir, Sir Roland will
be joining us as well.

This practice will begin at 11 a.m. I'm sure some of us will be there
earlier. We'll likely go until it's too dark to fight. Authorizations may be
possible, if you need authorization please contact the Central Regional
Knight
Marshal, Sior Tomas to ensure proper paperwork is available.
Please contact me if you have any other questions, and I look forward to
seeing you there!

This weekend I will be holding a regular fighter practice...so if you
did not get
enough at Glaslyn's Artisan of the Flame or you feel the need to get ready
for the Regional Fighter Practice the following week or the family has
left, and
you needing some fresh air with some time working off the dinner from
Thursday - or any other reason that you could think of or not think of...
just come out and have a friendly throw down or whatever.

This past Sunday, back to the basics for everyone. Work upon Shield
techniques, footwork, basic swordsmanship, shield design, and just
generally hanging
out. Those who came prepared for next Sunday!

Then off to one of the local buffets for dinner.

People in Armor: 2
Children: 3
Total in attendance: 8

In attendance this day:

Condottieri:
Centurion Cionaodh O'Hosey
     with children
         daughter - Tori
         and son - Jon
         and son - Nikko
HLady Honour du Bois - {Squire to Sir Galen of Bristol (KSCA - Knight in
SCA)}
        - Seneschal of Canton of Lindenwood
Lord Michael Kettering - Steppes Knight Marshal

Lord Faelan Caimbeul

Rob

YIS,
Lord Michael Kettering