[Steppes] Steppes Archery Practice reminder for 10/14/07

JW Bishop ironwyrm at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 11 08:59:46 PDT 2007

Greetings all,

  Just a friendly reminder that we do plan to hold our
  regularly scheduled Steppes Archery Practice this
  Sunday morning 10/14/07.

  Steppes Archery Aractice is held upon Eastfield
  College's archery range located at 3737 Motley
  Drive in Mesquite, Texas (that's just to the south
  side of the tennis courts and three blocks north of
  the Motley exit I-30 East).

  Practice starts around 10 AM and runs until about
  1 PM.  There are some shade trees available to sit
  under and we bring a cooler full of ice water to share,
  just bring your own cup, mug, or bottle to refill.  Also
  I would recommend bringing a camp chair to rest
  yourself in under the trees.  Pray be advised, there
  are restrooms inside the campus buildings however
  they are a bit of a walk from the archery range.

  Like populace, period dress is optional not required,
  but does draw attention to our activities and sometimes
  helps attract new members, however in the heat possible
  with our changing Ansteorran weather the more important
  thing is to dress comfortably.  We do request that if you
  have personal banners and pennants that you bring them
  to hang upon the fence behind us or fly in that infamous
  Eastfield breeze to add some color to our field and help
  our archery activities get noticed.

  We do have limited loner gear available at this time
  which we add to each week so if you would like to
  come and learn to shoot a bow please don't hesitate.
  Or if just sitting in the shade and visiting with friends
  is more to your liking you might be surprised at what
  comes across the bow within the little circle under
  the shade trees on the range.

  Should the weather appear questionable watch for
  our confirmation post to the Steppes list around
  8AM Sunday mornings.  If it's likely to rain or the
  field is too wet & muddy we'll post any necessary
  last minute cancellations at that time.

  So pray come out and join us on the field this
  Sunday to loft a few feathered shafts down range.
  We hope we shall see you then!

  In service,

  HL William Black Dragon  called "Ironwyrm"

  Interim Archery Marshal for the Barony of the Steppes