[Steppes] Everyone OK??

alkudsi at aol.com alkudsi at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 07:45:31 PDT 2008

Saqra here, in Carrollton, which seems to have suffered fairly significant damage widespread over much of the area. Trees are down, at the intersection at Frankford and Midway the traffic lights were literally twisted down to crash on the road. Traffic lights out north of Trinity Mills everywhere. The emergency siren woke me as I heard it through the occasional pauses in the screaming winds. Luckily, I have no real trees in my yard and a cursory check this morning showed no damage to my house, but I inherited branches from all over the neighborhood. Driving to work, power lines were down in a number of places, including one where the pole had twisted about 90 degrees before coming down across some cars. Fences are down everywhere, back yard furniture litters the streets, and the creek not far from my house actually come over the road at some point from the debris left behind. The weather people are saying straight line winds of about 70 miles an hour, but I can't see how a straight line wind could twist a power pole like a Twizzler!

Hopefully, this didn't affect the site for Glaslyn Defender. Anyone from up there on the list who can make sure that there wasn't damage there?

Saqra