[Steppes] Dream? What Dream?

an angel in black ink angelinblackink at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 21 21:36:31 PDT 2008

To the Lady who addressed me in private,

  I do hope that my public return is not seen in ill taste for it would displease me so to
  insult you.  You see, I wish you would have spoken said words aloud for I found good
  merit in them.  However, for my vocation, I find the advice impossible to heed.

  You see, for as long as I have been in Ansteorra I have been told of a bard/jester’s
  responsibility to their kingdom and it’s people.  I therefore, cannot turn a blind eye and
  LET the things that I cannot abide by happen to another.  As a bard or jester I find it
  impossible not to urge, guilt, or goad our people into waking up.  I believe that the lack
  of reverence for our past and each other is like unto “binding our feet to impede our own
  progress.”

  As a Miscreant, it is my self-proclaimed duty to see that people enjoy themselves and
  have their chance to “live the Dream.”  I feel this sentiment has been both expressed and
  shown by many of us in different ways since our founding.  But from what I have seen
  with my own eyes and heard with my own ears, this kingdom has been divided.  There is
  no damage in a division but when both sides fail to act in unison we find ourselves
  “clapping with one hand,” do we not?  This does alter the first impressions of newcomers
  and jades the hearts of old members for I have seen it myself.

  This doesn’t even cover the things I have heard.

  Miscreant at Large,
  Lady Xue XianXian