[Steppes] Business Meeting Discussion

Sir Morgan Buchanan morganbuchanan at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 6 08:34:12 PDT 2008

I just wanted to make one comment on the notion of having a deputy cover a
practice...  it's a great idea in theory, but it is pretty inconvenient due
to the amount of loaner gear the heavy marshal has in his posession.  I
don't know how much the rapier folks have or how much the archery folks
have, or what arrangements they've made.  But to use heavy as an example,
Geoffrey would attend Sunday practice, then need to arrange to get the
loaner gear to someone for the Tuesday practice and get it back before
Sunday.  Could be doable, could be onerous.   I'm not saying its impossible
or even hard, but it's more difficult than simply having someone show up to
cover.

But having a deputy cover the business meeting is of course still doable, in
terms of the officers.

Are there weekly activites going on in the Barony on Monday, Wednesday or
Thursday nights?  Just curious.

Morgan