[Steppes] Opinions/Discussions Wanted On Subject of Moving Business Meeting To A New Day

Elec Sean elecmaire at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 10:14:19 PDT 2008

> Since I tend to stay very quiet and absorb as much in as I can, I will make
> a few simple observations/points.  Many good ideas have been floated around,
> and everyone has a right to their opinion.  I would like to see the business
> meeting moved to a different date.  I go to Tuesday night practice to
> support my husband, and also use that as social time.  As a matter of fact,
> for my first year in the SCA, all I did was hang out with Rapier fighters
> until I felt more comfortable to branch out.

Some have said send a deputy.  Eh yeah, but then we are asking a fighter to
miss practice to come to a business meeting, that instead he/she could be
learning something at practice.  We have officers that are involved in heavy
and rapier, who have to miss practice for the business meeting, so is that
fair to them to say, well you cannot go to practice you have to be at the
meeting?  It is give and take, and we all have to compromise.   Granted, I
have only been coming to meetings for about three months, and we make
populace when we can, when mundane life does not interject.  I am all
excited about the SCA and finally finding my place in this.  Change happens,
to some it is good, to some it is bad, but it is a learning expierence for
us all.  As it has been said, not everyone can be pleased, if we coud, then
things would be really boring.

Elec Maire inghen Sean
Deputy Chronicler

Elec Maire inghen Sean