[Steppes] business meeting discussion

Karen Calhoun kmcalhou at garlandisd.net
Thu Aug 7 10:14:36 PDT 2008

I will keep my words brief as I am still not happy with the manner in which this discussion orginated.

During the discussion, I suggested that a "minion" be sent to report for the heavy and light fighters.  This could be a deputy but could also be a spouse or a regular attendee/non-fighter.  The marshal is required to submit a report to the seneschal et al. monthly.  This can be interpreted to mean that a representative could also present an addtional/elaborated report at the meeting.  Fighters get to go to practice, representatives attend the meeting: problem solved.

I believe that Morgan mentioned in one of his posts that there was a question of some of the fighters wanting to come business meeting.  I feel that it is the opposite of this statement that is prompting this discussion.  There comes a time when a choice has to be made and sometimes the right choice is not what you really want.  As I tell my students:  sometimes life stinks that way.

I would prefer that business meeting remain on Tuesday.  I would be happy to consider a change of location.

Katya