[Steppes] Steppes artisan and calender

Sue Rogers suzannaherbalist at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 21 15:28:27 PDT 2008

Steppes Artisan has moved around on the calendar some over the years, one
year even being held in conjunction with 12th Night (NOT a good idea!!!)
However, the August time frame works best for the Barony, as pointed out by
others, and provides an indoor event during the hot summer months.

Laurel's Prize tourney has also moved around on the calendar some, though
for a time it seemed to be mostly in November or late October.  I thought
that was a good time for it, but it is also tourney season, so that may be
why it has been moved yet again.  For a while, LPT alternated years with
Kingdom A&S, so in any given year we had one or the other, but not both.
However, since Kingdom A&S is used to select Gulf Wars artisans, we are now
having it every year.  So that makes it harder to find a date for LPT.

Just do what you can when you can, and don't worry too much about it.  If
you start something based on what you got from Artisan, take it to LPT as a
work in progress, and see what else you get there...  You are doing some
interesting things...

HL Suzanna, herbalist

Sue Rogers
suzannaherbalist at earthlink.net

Kingdom calendar, so I will bring this up now.  This year, Artisan was only
three weeks before Laurel's Prize Tourney.  Now, I know that some people
who go to Artisan do not go to LPT, and vice versa, but by and large, the
same people display and the many of the same people judge these two events.
Because there is only three weeks between them this year, I as an artisan
do not have time to take the feedback I received from the judges and create
anything new to reflect that feedback before LPT.  It would really help to
have Steppes Artisan in June, or at least July, so that artisans can
produce new works reflecting the feedback they receive there before LPT.
Thank you.